The South Australian Public Sector is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, informed, accessible, and safe workplace where everyone belongs.
Virtual Launch Event
Hear the Hon. Michelle Lensink MLC, Minister for Human Services, Mickey O’Brien’s Welcome to Country, and reflections on valuing disability in our community. Keynote speakers include Michelle Ryan, Artistic Director of Restless Dance Theatre, an internationally renowned company creating inclusive dance theatre and career pathways for artists with disability, and Erma Ranieri, Commissioner for Public Sector Employment.
The SA Public Sector Disability Employment Strategy provides a framework to create a more inclusive, accessible, and informed public sector.
It identifies three priorities that we can all work towards achieving:
- Enabling inclusive, accessible, safe and informed workplaces
- Facilitating improved recruitment, retention and career development, and
- Improving monitoring and reporting capabilities.
The Strategy is supported by the SA Public Sector Disability Employment Plan, which has been developed to strengthen the public sector commitment to create inclusive workplaces where employees feel supported to fully engage in the workplace.
The Plan specifies a number of actions that will assist agencies to deliver on the three main priorities of the Strategy.
The Disability Employment Toolkit is an online resource developed to assist employees, especially those working in human resources, learning and development, and leadership positions.
The Toolkit will assist in improving employment outcomes for people with disability by providing accessible information and resources.
The Office of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment chairs the South Australian Public Sector Disability Employment Reference Group, which has representatives from agencies across government. The role of the Reference Group is to establish a Community of Practice, and collaborate to share agency strategies and resources to support the recruitment and retention of people with disability across the public sector.
If you would like more information, please contact OCPSEEmploymentPrograms@sa.gov.au
- Inclusive SA – State Disability Inclusion Plan 2019-2023
- South Australian Public Sector Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2019-21
- South Australian Public Sector Diversity and Inclusion Plan 2019-20
- Job Access
- Australian Network on Disability
- Disability Inclusion Act 2018
- United Nations Conventions on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities