The Office of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment (OCPSE) is driving the Skilling SA Public Sector Project to support more than 2,600 participants undertake a vocational qualification in the South Australian Public Sector over four years (up to June 2022).
The Skilling SA Public Sector Project builds workforce capability by providing education and career opportunities for South Australians, and it includes our Aboriginal Traineeship Program.
A signature project of the state government’s Skilling South Australia initiative, the project supports training and skills development, and addresses skills shortages across the private and public sectors. Now in its final year, the project has seen over 2000 training commencements across a variety of vocations.
The Skilling SA Public Sector Project broadens opportunities through an expanded scope of eligible qualifications in areas such as IT, Cyber Security, Health and Education Services, Human Resources, Work Health and Safety, Leadership and Management and Project Management.
For any enquiries regarding the Skilling SA Public Sector Project, please email OCPSESkillingSA@sa.gov.au
Through the Skilling SA Public Sector project, participants may be either:
- employed by the South Australian Public Sector as an apprentice, trainee or graduate on a contract of training;
- a trainee or apprentice employed by a group training organisation and hosted in a public sector agency for the work component of their traineeship; or
- an existing public sector employee training in an area of key skill demand.
Further information regarding the three pathways is available here.
OCPSE works with public sector agencies to identify training opportunities aligned with an agency's workforce planning. OCPSE also provides a number of services under the Project to both agencies and participants including:
- public sector inductions for new trainees and graduates
- mentoring for new trainees and graduates
- supervisor training for supervisors of both new and existing workers undertaking a qualification
- coordination of Job Seeker Support workshops in collaboration with Group Training Organisations
- support for training qualification costs