The Office of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment (OCPSE) is driving the Skilling SA Public Sector Project to support more than 2,600 participants undertake a vocational qualification in the South Australian Public Sector over four years (up to June 2022).
The Skilling SA Public Sector Project will build workforce capability by providing education and career opportunities for South Australians, and it includes our Aboriginal Traineeship Program.
A signature project of the state government’s Skilling South Australia initiative, this project will support training and skills development, and address skills shortages across the private and public sectors.
The Skilling SA Public Sector Project will broaden opportunities through an expanded scope of eligible qualifications in areas such as IT, Cyber Security, Health and Education Services, Human Resources, Work, Health and Safety, and Project Management.
For any enquiries regarding the Skilling SA Public Sector Project, please email OCPSESkillingSA@sa.gov.au
Agencies that wish to directly employ a trainee, apprentice or graduate are asked to complete this online form where you can access Group Training Organisation (GTO) recruitment services funded by OCPSE.
Agencies interested in hosting a GTO-employed trainee or apprentice can obtain additional information from the following resources:
Through the Skilling SA Public Sector program, participants may be either:
- employed by the South Australian Public Sector as an apprentice, trainee or graduate on a contract of training;
- a trainee or apprentice employed by a group training organisation and hosted in a public sector agency for the work component of their traineeship; or
- an existing public sector employee training in an area of key skill demand.
If you are an existing South Australian public sector trainee or graduate still undertaking your placement from a previous program, or a supervisor of an existing trainee or graduate, and have any queries, please email OCPSESkillingSA@sa.gov.au
- Induction – Welcome to the South Australian Public Sector
- I Work For SA
- Public Sector Values
- Code of Ethics for the South Australian Public Sector
- Public Sector Act 2009
- South Australian Modern Public Sector Enterprise Agreement: Salaried 2017
- SA Public Sector Interim Award (including trainee employment conditions and wages)
- Employment Conditions (Commissioner’s Determination 3.1)
- The obligation on employees to report they have been charged with a criminal offence
- Information on apprenticeships/traineeships – Department for Innovation and Skills
- Aboriginal Employment
- Independent Commissioner Against Corruption SA
- Training and Skills Development Act 2008
- Super SA (Superannuation)
- Social Media Guidance for Agencies and Staff