Executive Induction Program
The Executive Induction Program is an exciting opportunity for executives who are new to the South Australian Public Sector to network and hear from more than 20 speakers from across the public sector and external organisations.
The program focuses on the critical knowledge that South Australian executives need to deliver on the government’s economic and strategic priorities, and comprises a variety of presentations, facilitated discussions and Q&A sessions.
Experienced leaders, ministers, chief executives, and other highly regarded experts present the sessions and provide high-level insights into the challenges and opportunities of leadership in the South Australian Government.
The induction encourages and promotes executives to develop cross-government relationships.
The program is delivered over several weeks in a blended format – two days of face to face workshops and two half day online sessions.
The next program will be held in October/November 2020 and is now FULL.
We would love to have you participate in our program. To register on our waitlist for a future program, click here.
The Executive Induction Program covers a wide range of topics including:
- SA Government strategic priorities, challenges and opportunities
- Minister and chief executive perspectives on working with ministers – hear directly from a minister and a chief executive on how to make the relationship between senior government staff and ministers work, and some of the challenges, tips and insights
- Roundtables with chief executives – get up close and personal with chief executives in a small group environment to hear about their leadership journey, expectations of executives and perspectives on public sector issues
- Engaging with the cabinet process – hear from the Cabinet Office about the cabinet submission process and the complexities involved, and work through case studies on recent cabinet submissions
- Budget process and cycle – hear from Treasury and Finance on the state of the budget and the current budget cycle
- Policy development – hear from experts about how to create policies that can significantly impact how you achieve outcomes for your agency and the State
- ICAC expectations and implications for executives – the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption shares stories and examples to help understand and discuss the requirements of the ICAC Act and the Public Disclosure Act.
- Plenty of opportunities to ask questions and network across the group
- Sessions on topical issues relevant to new public sector executives.
It is mandatory that all new SAES executives undertake the program in their first year as an executive in the South Australian Public Sector. Non-SAES executives are also welcome to participate in the program.
The program is run over four days (2 x full days and 2 x ½ days), across several weeks. All sessions start at 9am, with the ½ day online sessions finishing at 12 noon and the full day face to face sessions finishing at 4.30pm.
The next program will be held in October/November, 2020 and is FULL.
To register for our 2021 programs, due to start in Feb/March 2021, click here.
Investment: $1500 plus GST per person, with each program limited to a maximum of 40 places.
“Excellent program – thoroughly enjoyed it and will take lots of useful information back to my role."
“There was excellent diversity of relevant topics and case studies.”
” Overall, very valuable training – definitely worth the investment of three days. I looked forward to each day with enthusiasm and learned lots (some new, some reinforced what I already knew/thought I knew).”
“The program was broad enough to ensure relevance across multiple areas.”
Select the link below to be redirected to the Participant Portal.