South Australian public sector agencies and employees provide many essential services to the community and we work with them to help them to deliver their best.
In particular, we:
- support the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment to fulfil functions and responsibilities assigned under the Public Sector Act 2009
- embed the South Australian Code of Ethics and Public Sector Values
- encourage people and teams to continually improve
- encourage innovation
- develop employment determinations and guidelines to guide workforce management across the sector
- develop and deliver leadership programs through the South Australian Leadership Academy
- provide advice and develop policies on human resource issues
- deliver employment opportunities for young people, Aboriginal South Australians and people with disability
- collect and analyse information about the public sector workforce to guide planning
- collect and analyse information about the public sector health and safety and injury management outcomes
- develop health and safety and injury management strategies to help the sector achieve safety excellence
- administrate the IWORKFOR.SA.gov.au website, and
- maintain the South Australian Public Sector Induction module.