A strong public sector is vital to delivering the strategic and economic priorities of the South Australian Government. These priorities set clear expectations for what the South Australian Public Sector does and how we do it. The achievement of these priorities is dependent on our ability to optimise the performance of our workforce.
Performance management and development is fundamental to ensuring the public sector and its agencies meet community expectations and deliver services efficiently and effectively. It helps to create an environment where our teams and individuals:
- Have a clear understanding of what is expected of them
- Build effective working relationships
- Realise their full potential.
To do this, we provide information and tools to support:
- Senior leaders and HR practitioners responsible for the design and implementation of performance management and development systems
- Managers looking to build their skills and confidence in having effective performance conversations with their team, and
- Employees wanting to learn how to get the most out of their performance management and development conversations.