Each year, the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment releases the State of the Sector, a report that details how the public sector principles have been put into action throughout the financial year.
The Public Sector Act 2009 outlines the public sector principles, which apply to all public sector agencies and employees.
- public focus
- employer of choice
- ethical behaviour and professional integrity
- legal requirements.
- cultural and structural reform
- progress on workforce diversity targets
- workforce development
- workforce planning and management
- key policy changes
- changes to the Commissioner’s Determinations and Guidelines
- reviews, grievances and whistleblower disclosures.