We are committed to safe and healthy public sector workplaces that enhances our lives, wellbeing and delivery of services. Safety is key to a worker’s health, wellbeing and productivity and means more than preventing accidents and incidents – it’s supportive workplaces where wellbeing is integral to workplace health and safety.
The Safety, Wellbeing and Injury Management Strategy for the South Australian Public Sector 2023-2032 responds to contemporary challenges and opportunities to achieve the following vision:
Safe and healthy public sector workplaces that enhance our lives, wellbeing and delivery of services.
The strategy’s three key enablers include:
- A commitment and leadership in safety, wellbeing and injury management
- Contemporary and innovative approaches to deliver safe and healthy workplaces
- Continuous improvement through data.
Success will be measured by the sector’s ability to:
- Support managers and employees efficiently and effectively to achieve safety and wellbeing
- Skilfully use data and evidence to guide our decisions
- Intervene early to support injured workers to recover and remain at work or return safe and sustainable work when injuries occur.
For more information, check out
Useful information on health and safety in the workplace and return to work following injury can be found on the following sites: