Public Sector Management Program (PSMP)
Tertiary graduates with a vision to lead a thriving public sector department are encouraged to join the Public Sector Management Program, a professional development program designed to develop a solid foundation of leadership competencies.
Delivered by Queensland University of Technology (QUT), the program addresses the changing needs of the public sector over 15 months in unique blend of workshops a virtual learning.
Participants will complete the program with a comprehensive understanding of the business of government, and will be awarded with a Graduate Certificate in Business (Public Sector Management) from QUT.
The program provides an engaging and relevant curriculum covering the following:
- Apply thoughtful and analytical consideration to changing sector landscapes
- Develop leadership qualities of tenacity, accountability, and respect
- Nurture inclusive and collaborative relationships
- Cultivate forward thinking, solution focused mindsets
The program has a 26-year track record of success and continues to make a significant impact on the Commonwealth, state and local governments.
The PSMP consists of four units of study to be completed over a 15-month period. The units have been designed in consultation with the governments of Australia and are delivered using a flexible approach to learning and work-based assignments.
Unit one: Managing within the context of Government
- Explore the ‘big picture’ of government and the context within which public sector managers operate. Develop an understanding of the institutional frameworks and conventions which guide practice and ensure sustainable democratic processes.
Unit two: Managing self and others
- Develops communication skills and insights into key individual and group behaviours encountered when managing people and teams.
Unit three: Managing outwards in a networked Government
- Delve into the variety of relationships that managers need to build across the public sector, the private sector, community, and the not-for-profit sector as well as citizens and clients of government services.
Unit four: Managing operations for outcomes
- Build the overall operational capabilities required of managers including processes and diagnostic capabilities to deliver and sustain the business of government.
One half scholarship for those that identify from a focus diversity stream has been awarded for the 2021 SA program.
Applications for the 2021/22 intake are now closed.
To register for updates on the next round of intakes in Adelaide, contact email@example.com or contact QUT on 1800 145 041